From the very beginning, wi-Q Technologies has built and developed its products with a ‘privacy by design’ philosophy. This means that the technology has been designed to protect the data and privacy of all parties involved...
However, as of 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 will come into effect. In order to ensure that the technology remains in compliance with all relevant legislation, wi-Q Technologies have made some changes to the way the technology collects, processes and stores data:
- The user journey has been altered to ensure that users have the ability to give positive consent to the storage of some of their Personal Identification Information.
- wi-Q Technologies’ hosted environment conforms to ISO27001 and is GDPR compliant.
- wi-Q Technologies’ data storage and regulations have been updated to comply with GDPR 2018.
- wi-Q Technologies do not share any data with third parties without and have extensive procedures in place in the unlikely event of a data breach.
- GDPR 2018 gives users access to their personal information. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to cover our costs and can be exercised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
It is also worth noting that wi-Q Technologies never stores any information appertaining to the user’s payment method other than their choice, i.e. Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card or Mobile Pay for example. The payment details are encrypted and held directly with the payment acquirer and not wi-Q Technologies.